sâmbătă, 28 decembrie 2013

Frank Sinatra

In the early '80s  Frank Sinatra recorded the largest public solo concert which held at Rio de Janeiro.
Maracana Stadium flocked to see him and hear him live to over 175,000 people. The performance was recorded at the time by the Guinness Book of World Records.
" I had never been to Rio . Knew that my records are successful there since the time when JF Kennedy was U.S. president . I played around the world , but for whatever reason, never had come to Brazil. Moreover, I heard that the Brazilians were using my name on occasion .
When a man courting a woman , and she asked to be taken to wife , he replied : " When you come to Brazil ... Frank Sinatra ." Well, after I got there , there were a lot of marriages and the following year they were born many children ! " Frank story .
BRAZILIAN RAIN . " The day of the concert raining. I looked out the window , wondering if it will brighten the sky . Knew that people began to enter the stadium at 8:00 am and stood in the rain. When I got to the stadium, still raining . stage was huge , with six wings , each with microphone. had to run from one wing to another , from microphone to microphone.
The rain stopped suddenly , as I stepped on stage. I thanked Heaven . The concert went well, but the middle of the song " Strangers in the Night " I forgot the lyrics. The entire stadium started singing in English . I was excited. Finally , after the encore, I left the microphone down. And it started raining again , " recalled Sinatra his concert Guinness World Records .
VOICE CENTURY
In 2001 , BBC Radio 2 has appointed Frank Sinatra "The Voice of the twentieth century ." The British public , music critics and singers put him on Sinatra at the top of the best singers of the last century before Elvis Presley , Nat King Cole , Ella Fitzgerald and the Beatles.
The title given by BBC not only increases the number of formal assessments that enjoyed American artist who, throughout life , gathered 21 gold records , platinum and multi- platinum, special prizes from the American Union of Composers and 11 Grammy Awards . Sinatra has three stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame , and his records are in the sales charts today , 11 years after his disappearance .

"My first entry into the art scene was as a singer and all I get out of the scene as a performer . Acting happened between concerts. Prefer not my class, do not put me in a drawer job , because there is much acting in my music and singing has helped me to be a good actor "
Frank Sinatra, 1992
" Frank is a unique man . Complete lack of hypocrisy. Directly, but stubbornly loyal . Honest and , for me , simple, despite what was said about him. 's Almost scary for someone to be put in front of honor . principal quality of Frank is the honesty, truth. plain truth , no fireworks "
Actor Cary Grant 's friend Sinatra

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu